(If YWhile making I kept putting my needles in my mouth, and occasionally poking myself harder than I was okay with, I had seen my hair dresser with a similar contraption, and this certainly isn't a new idea, but here is how to make it!
What you need:
- About 3 inches of velcro
- 8x4in of fabric of your choice
- A small magnet
- Sewing machine or needle
How to make:
1. Fold the fabric in half the long way (if this were a piece of paper, the"hot dog" way and sew a line about an inch an a half away from the edge of the folded edge to create a tube of fabric
2. Trim off the excess fabric, and turn inside out. (If you have never turned inside out a tube of fabric, you can use a safety pin on one side and thread it through to the other side. Or just shove it through.)
3. put the magnet inside the tube in the middle, and sew to bars perpendicular to the length of the tube on either side of the magnet.
4. Measure to your wrist, with about 2-3in overlap of the ends.
5. On one side of one end, sew one side of the velcro.
6. On the other side of the other end, sew the other.
** When sewing velcro, sew a square around the area of the velcro.
7. Trim, and you're done.
I also have one of these at home that I use to put bobby pins on - when I am doing up doos' for me or friends. But I have also use this one around the lab to hold/not loose small screws, too.