I completely cut the pattern. Which is terrifying. This fabric was quite expensive and I don't want to have to buy more... I decided on a raglan sleeve because I thought it would help with movement. I also haven't closed the arms yet so I can put LEDs on the inside of them. The sequin panels have some stretch but will have another layer of no stretch lining behind them with the LEDs on that layer, which is why there are lycra panels between the seams in the shoulders and on the sides to create stretch along those seams. The bottoms have been cut, but I haven't started to put them together. I wish there was a dress form for bottoms...
For the swing skirt, I used a simple A-line skirt (so popular with sorority girls on football game days these days), instead of-of the traditional circle skirt for swing dancers. I thought this would be better to pair with the house dancer because it was a more fashionable skirt for the times. For embedding the LEDs, I tried a new method, since the swing skirt isn't circle and won't flatten out when the dancer spins, I couldn't put them on the inside of the hem, and the fabric was too tightly woven to shine through the fabric effectively, so instead I made mesh pipping that I threaded the LED strand through, and stretched it to the hem. The only thing that is missing to completely finish this on is soldering the LEDs to the board and making a pocket for the board and batteries. Also, it looks like it fits a little weird on the model, but I made the waist a little bigger than the setting on the dress form when the picture was taken. This is so that if the dancer is bigger, It will fit, but if they're smaller I can size it down with stitching and adding elastic.